Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Convocation - May 12, 2007


Another milestone for many of the students at Husson College graduation day on May 12. It is a proud moment for both students, their relatives and friends. In Maine, many of these graduants are first generation college bound students. It is a big deal to them. I am humble to be part of the contributing force to their success. The number might be few, but we are accumulating success stories one student at a time.

This is our graduaing class of ten in elementary education.

I believe this is a New England tradition. The bagpipe band
lead the processional to the stadium

We followed the students into the stadium. Since
I was assigned to read the names of my students,
I got to go first in the faculty section.

This is a close up of the faculty section of
the processional by the photographer (mom!).

Since I love myself so much, I will let you see
a close up of me!

This is where I read the students' names as they
came forth to the podium

to receive their diplomas.




4 comments:

the man said...

well well well, don't you look handsome T-cubed. Must be rewarding to see your students make it. Sommerfeldts look good too, older that's for sure. But aren't we all.

nana and atom said...

hahahahaha! You are so funny dad. That's a pretty neat convocation, especially since it's outdoors AND there were bagpipers! And i especially like the up close photo of you.

nana and atom said...

i just tried to leave a comment... hopefully it won't post twice. Fantastic looking convocation! especially since it was outside and there were bagpipers and you got to walk at the front of the faculty pack! I also really enjoyed the up close picture of yourself dad! hahahaha.

#15 said...

Congratulations on successfully graduating yet another 10 students from the program you "fathered"!!