This would have been the first Christmas we would be on our own. Who could imagine that Dad would spend Christmas on his own. You just never know what might be around the corner. This is what we had planned for the Christmas dinner on December 24th. Rather than having turkey and ham, we had lamb chops and scallops wrapped in bacon strips with the "usual" trimmings.

Would you like to join us?

This is a close up of one of the plates. Why do I have to eat Brussel sprouts? It is........

We ran out of salad dressing. I had to use mom's favorate Zesty Italian.

The lamb chops and wrapped scallops weren't too bad at all.

To top it all, I baked my favorite apple pie that mom made for me.

The smile on the face said it all. I was very happy with the way the pie turned out.

Apple pie without ice cream is a "sin". I was sinless at least for a little while.

Yumm......y dessert.
6 comments:
YUM!! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas dinner. Wish I was there to spend it with you but I'm glad you had a nice time and a delicious meal!! And of course dessert, great choice! Love ya!
and good for you for eating your brussel sprouts... we didn't eat any here cuz annie couldn't find any at the grocery store... too bad... (although I was quite content with no brussel sprouts!)
hey dad, glad you posted these -- looks like you had a yummy dinner -- love those scallops! next year, you'll have to come visit us and make the same. and apple pie... mmm... nothing quite like mom's touch to make things taste really nice, right?
wish we could have been there with you, but glad we got to chat (in between power outages) through the webcam!
love, clare
mmmmm....looks so good! Reminds me of last year's dinner of steak, bacon wrapped scallops and linguine. Great stuff!
Oh good! I'm glad you figured out how long to bake the pie for. Wow, that is sure one heap of a pie! Mom was amazing at making those seem so big even after they are baked! Yummers all around!
Michelle, I didn't figure it out. Mom had written the time and the temperature on the tin foil to bake the apple pie. She made two quarter size pies for Sister Thomas. When I bake those for her, I might have trouble figuring the time out. Maybe I should quarter the time. I don't know. What do you guys think?
Post a Comment