Wednesday, December 24, 2008

In preparation for Christmas

Christmas Cheer
It was great to have Annie and Nancy here for Mom's Memorial Service on November the 29th (Saturday). I am grateful that they could come to give me their support. Annie left on Monday. After we took her to the airport, Nancy decided to set up the creche we made as a family in a family home evening activity 20+ years ago and the Chrstmas tree. If she wasn't here, I wouldn't have bothered. Thanks to her, the setting brings Christmas cheer to my life. And most importantly, it reminds me the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ some two thousand years ago who brought salvation to mankind.

Our hand made Creche we created some 20+ years ago in Edmonton, Alberta. Now it is deplayed in Bangor, Maine.

Dear Nancy, she insisted that we should set up the tree.

She sure had fun decorating the tree. We decided to put the bows back on this year in remembrance of mom. She made them

This is part of the Tang tradition. Dad always put the star on top of the tree - a final touch.
Merry Christmas to all and a good night. Santa will be here soon. I better go to ged. Otherwise, I won't get any presents.

15 comments:

nana and atom said...

oh dad. i'm glad we got some christmas decor up in the house! i'm just sorry you have to take it all down yourself. Everything looks great! I love that nativity. I hope you have a good sleep and get some presents from Santa! Love you!!!

Aunt T said...

Merry Christmas to you, dear friend! We send you our love.

the man said...

did you leave santa cookies and milk? if you didn't you might not get presents!

Michelle said...

Oooo, I'm glad you had the Christmas cheer in your house! Did Santa leave you a note in his crooked handwriting telling you what an enduring and faithful boy you were this year?

#15 said...

yeah, i sure hope you remembered to leave cookies and milk, cause he didn't get any from my kids! (santa made particular note of this fact, so hopefully they'll remember next year!)

andrew said...

That creche brings back so many memories. I've always liked those bows too for the Christmas tree. What did Santa bring you this year?

Lasting Impressions said...

Nancy, May be I should leave it up for next Christmas. What do you think?

Lasting Impressions said...

Tracy and Tim, Glad to see you at a distance. You are doing well. I am happy for you. Have a Happy New Year. God bless.

Lasting Impressions said...

Michelle, Santa didn't any of that this year. He was too busy, I guess. Maybe he was not too happy at me. I wonder why?

Lasting Impressions said...

The Man, Now I recognize why he was not too happy with me. I forgot to leave him with milk and cookies.

Lasting Impressions said...

#15, I definitely will try to remember this "important thing" next year if I want gifts from Santa.

Lasting Impressions said...

He brough me the usuals. What are some of the usuals, Andrew?

Lasting Impressions said...

Andrew, That Creche sure is important to us, especially this year. The bows are the symbols of the old fashioned Christmas that mom wanted to create. I always liked it.

Lasting Impressions said...

Andrew, That Creche sure is important to us, especially this year. The bows are the symbols of the old fashioned Christmas that mom wanted to create. I always liked it.

nana and atom said...

hmmm, if you left it up all year round, you could celebrate christmas always.... but uh, take it down and i'll be happy to put it up again next year :)